Golf Cars & Carts in 44001 Zip Code
How to Charge Electric Golf Cart Batteries

Electric golf carts use batteries instead of gas to power their engines. That means that you need to make sure the batteries are fully charged before you to take them to your club for a game. If you have never charged a golf car’s battery before, then the following instructions will walk you through it. Note, however, that directions can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Always be sure to follow the directions that come with your battery or charger.

  • Make sure that your battery has enough water to cover its leaded plates. Too little water could cause batteries to malfunction. Too much water, however, can flood the battery. In some cases, this has caused batteries to explode.
  • Double check the battery’s parts to make sure that it isn’t cracked or leaking. Leaking batteries often create a sulfur smell that might remind you of rotten eggs. If you smell this, then you need a new battery. Charging it could lead to dangerous consequences.
  • Hook the battery to your charger. Many chargers plug directly into wall outlets. This could allow you to charge the cart at your home or your golf club.
  • For a full charge, your battery will likely need 8 hours. You might, however, get enough power from a 2-hour charge, which typically fills the battery by about 80 percent. The remaining 20 percent can take up to 6 hours. Of course, the amount of electricity that your cart needs depends in part on how much weight you carry. Consider how much you, your bag, clubs, and any accessories will weigh. The more weight you have, the more charge you might need to supply your car with enough fuel for a full round of golf.

  • 419-668-5419
    1118 Peru Hollow Rd
    Norwalk, OH 44857
    419-626-9083
    520 Buchanan St
    Sandusky, OH 44870
    216-640-9091
    2016 Mary Ellen Dr
    Brunswick, OH 44212
    330-725-0007
    650 W Smith Rd Ste 7
    Medina, OH 44256
    440-230-0168
    11241 Royalton Rd
    North Royalton, OH 44133
    419-734-1660
    5506 E Bayshore Rd
    Lakeside Marblehead, OH 43440
    330-334-2001
    940 Broad St
    Wadsworth, OH 44281
    419-734-3739
    537 W Lakeshore Dr
    Port Clinton, OH 43452
    419-734-2277
    2515 E Harbor Rd
    Port Clinton, OH 43452
    216-763-2090
    26565 Miles Road
    Warrensville Heights, OH 44128
    330-467-2250
    9035 Freeway Dr
    Macedonia, OH 44056
    330-753-8394
    27 4th St NW
    Barberton, OH 44203
    330-465-3400
    1867 E Lincoln Way
    Wooster, OH 44691
    419-526-4437
    111 Orchard St
    Mansfield, OH 44903
    419-898-2500
    4625 N State Route 2
    Oak Harbor, OH 43449
    419-898-0218
    11060 W Portage River South Rd
    Oak Harbor, OH 43449
    330-833-6887
    14188 Lincoln St
    North Lawrence, OH 44666
    330-264-9292
    7787 E Lincoln Way
    Apple Creek, OH 44606
    419-937-1860
    2564 W County Road 52
    Tiffin, OH 44883
    419-884-0219
    2744 Lexington Ave
    Mansfield, OH 44904
    Go to page   1   2  
    lv-1